in (someone”s or something”s) place
1. Literally, in someone”s or something”s physical location. Hey, you”re in my place! You know I always sit here! You can”t put the television in the sofa”s place—it messes up the whole décor of the room!2. Instead of someone or something else; as a substitute for someone or something. Janet is really sick, so I”m going to lead the meeting in her place. After our dog died, my parents got me a pet hamster in its place.See also: place
in (someone”s or something”s) proper place or location. (*Typically: be ~; put something
1. In the appropriate or usual position or order. For example, With everything in place, she started the slide show.
prepared and ready: Everything seems to be in place for a successful peace conference.See also: place
1. In the appropriate or usual position or order: With everything in place, she started the slide show.
Đang xem: In place là gì
2. In the same spot; without moving forwards or backwards: While marching in place, the band played a popular tune.See also: placeSee also:
fall in place
fall in place Also, fall into place. Fit well; also, become organized. For example, With the last witness”s testimony, the entire sequence of events fell in place, or When the architect”s plans were complete, the construction schedule fell into place. This idiom uses place in the sense of “proper position,” a usage dating from the mid-1500s.
keep… sticking together in the original place保持（原地）不动；固 定（在原地）The trees would hold the soil in place and prevent erosion.树林可 以固定土壤，防止侵蚀。
in the correct position or location, available Be sure to have the money in place before you buy a house.
Xem thêm: 1 Pcs Là Gì ? Pcs Tiếng Anh Nghĩa Là Gì Phân Biệt Tất Cả Các Khái Niệm Về Pcs
in place of
instead of代替…；…而不…We use chopsticks in place of knives and forks．我们用筷子代替刀叉。I attended the meeting in place of John because he was sick．约翰生病了，所以我代替他出席了那次会议。
in place1 adv. phr. 1a. In the right or usual place or position. Nothing is in place after the earthquake. Even trees and houses are turned over. The picture is not in place on the wall. It is crooked. 1b. In one place. Our first exercise in gym class was running in place. 2. In proper order. Stay in place in line, children. Compare: IN ORDER. Antonym: OUT OF PLACE.in place2 adj. phr. In the right place or at the right time; suitable; timely. A dog is not in place in a church. Linda wondered if it would be in place to wish the bride good luck after the wedding. Compare: IN ORDER1. Antonym: OUT OF PLACE.
Xem thêm: Phân Biệt Him Là Gì, Nghĩa Của Từ Him, Him Trong Tiếng Tiếng Việt
instead of|in place of|instead|place
run in place
run in place Work or exert oneself without noticeable change or progress. For example, I”ve worked on this project for months but feel I”m running in place. This idiom employs in place in the sense of “on one spot,” a usage dating from the late 1200s.
in over head in over one's head in over one's head, to be in over your head in overdrive in own right in own way in pairs in paper in parallel in parenthesis in pari delicto in park in part in particular in passing in pawn in pencil in perpetuity in person in perspective in petto in phase in phase (with someone or something) in phase/out of phase in place in place of in place of (someone or something) in place of (something) in place of somebody/something in plain English in plain language in plain view in play in pocket in point in point of in point of fact in pole position in poor taste in pop in possession in potentia in power in practice in prayers in preference to (someone or something) in preference to somebody/something in press in prime in principle run dry run for one”s money, a run foul run high run in place run in the blood run interference run of luck
– Từ đồng nghĩa, cách dùng từ tương tự Thành ngữ, tục ngữ in place